Mrs Tiff ....living creatively



Thursday, April 8, 2010

Distracted by shiny things...or new fabric...






I was planning to cut up the tablecloth I found yesterday for a new project.... but when I went to the line I found a square doily that I bought too. I could SEE the new cushion in my head and I have been desperate to cut into the divine vintage valentine fabric I bought on etsy a few weeks ago... so.... I was distracted like a deer in headlights......



I made a heart template from baking paper and cut my valentine fabric to size. I ironed some viza-fix (is that how you spell it?) on the back and attached it to a square I had cut fom some red polka dot fabric left over from Christmas. I then ironed some viza-fix to the polka dot fabric and ironed that to my square doily. Next I sewed around the heart and polka dot fabric outline just to ensure it stayed in place. To finish off I used two bits of calico fabric to make a pillow slip stlye cushion...no zip!



I am SO pleased with my cushion! Sweet valentine ...a beautiful suprise on our bed for my husband when he gets home! Ha! Will he even notice?????