Mrs Tiff ....living creatively



Friday, April 23, 2010

~ Sweet Girly Baby Shower Gifts ~

I went to a beautiful, girly baby shower today so I thought I'd share the little gift I prepared........


Firstly, I decided to make a one piece suit like the one I'd seen on Brag Monday.
I printed the image of the vintage birds nest from the Graphics Fairy onto some transfer paper.
(So as not to waste a whole sheet I printed some extra images for other projects on there too.)



I cut it out an ironed it on as per the instructions. Too easy!


SO sweet!

Now the birdie nursery cushion.



First I cut out the bird shapes to my homemade pattern.


Next I ironed on the wings using visafix and I sewed the button eye on.
I top stitched the wings so they would be really secure.




Then I put the right sides together and sewed around the outside, leaving a small gap on a straightish edge. Then I pulled it right side out and ironed the seams carefully.



I sewed around the outside and poked stuffing inside!


I then stitched the gap and I was DONE!


Time for the card & gift bag....


I raided my stash and found some paper & a girly golden book (bought especially for paper craft).
I found some images I liked in the book and ....TORE!
I inked the edges with some Tim Holtz Vintage Paper ink and glued it all down.






So here's my finished gift........




All I needed was some pink alphabet ribbon and a rose and I was done!



Beautiful!!!!