Mrs Tiff ....living creatively



Saturday, April 24, 2010

~ Telephone Table Makeover ~


 Eeewwww..... it is NOT a pretty sight... it had been in the shed for SO long I can't even remember where I bought it.... but I do know I did feel it could be beautiful.....



First I unscrewed the seat.



I undercoated it in a rust proof sealer, then I painted it my favourite colour .....Porters Oyster White.


For the top I wanted some BLING ..... so I went for a folkart metallic champagne colour ~ yummy!



Now for the seat ... yes, another fabric transfer from the Graphics Fairy..... how GREAT is that gal?!!!!



I attached it to my fabric with visafix then sewed around the edge.


I sewed and trimmed the corners (inside out not like the picture).


And stapled with my trusty staple gun.... before screwing the seat back in place.



Nice!



I placed some shells and a few of my vintage glass pieces on the table....


Voila!

Although my family questioned the point of a telephone table (you mean lap top table Mum?) I am delighted with it. I think I might rearrange some furniture this weekend so I can put it in the lounge.