Mrs Tiff ....living creatively



Monday, May 31, 2010

~ Gorgeous Glass! ~

I saw some glass mosaic tiles on etsy and my mind glittered with some great ideas.....




Firstly I printed some images from The Graphics Fairy and cut them to size.
It is important to say that before cutting the images, it is best to spray them with a Krylon fixative so they don't get damaged by the glue. (I got my Krylon at Spotlight.) When you use it you need to be in a well ventilated space and allow a day for the paper to dry.




I traced the tile and cut the images slightly bigger.
Next I applied some modge podge to the textured side of the glass tile and plonked it down on the image.
I let it dry overnight then I used a steel nail file to sand the edges so they were neat.





I then used a Porters (I buy the sample size) silver metallic paint to cover the entire back.  After that I sealed it with a clear water proof sealer. I really make sure I cover the edges to protect them.






I glued a necklace bail to some to make necklaces and I tried attaching one to a ring blank.  It worked, but you would have to be careful not to get it too wet when washing your hands.
I also used a photo of the children on one and it made an excellent necklace.
On some I glued a magnet... that worked really well too.




I think they would be beautiful as a scrapbooking or collage mixed media embelishment
OR just lovely to pretty up your gift wrapping!