Mrs Tiff ....living creatively



Thursday, May 13, 2010

~ Ironing Board Makeover! !




On the weekend I decided to makeover my ironing board cover which was looking a bit sad...



I cut some strips of fabric and joined them so they were long enough to go right around the edge of the ironing board. I turned the board upside down and traced it on another piece of fabric, which I cut out (including a 10cm seam allowance). This piece of fabric looked appropriately board shaped.



I folded the strip piece in half (right side out) and sewed it to the right side of the edge all the way around the board shaped fabric (it created a sort of tube).


I didn't even bother to finish the seams.



I flipped the edge over and threaded some elastic through the tube of fabric around the edge.



Perrrrrrrrfect!

....the funny thing is that I hardly ever iron!

Least it is pretty to look at !!!!!!