Mrs Tiff ....living creatively



Monday, May 17, 2010

~ Rasberry & White Choc Cookies ~


They weren't all that pretty .... (which explains the flower!)
they WERE yummy though......





INGREDIENTS:
125g  butter ~ 1 cup of caster sugar ~ approx 200gms of frozen rasberries ~ 1 egg ~ dash of vanilla extract ~ 1 1/2 cups of SR flour ~  1/2 cup white choc chips





I melted the butter & added the rasberries ... to thaw them a bit.
I creamed the sugar in with this mix (un-necessarily using my new mixer...just because I could...)
Then I added the egg & vanilla, just before folding in the flour. (My mix seemed a little softer than usual so I added a couple of tablespoon of extra flour.)




Lastly I stirred in the white choc chips (a large white chocolate easter egg smashed up).





I put spoonfuls on trays lined with baking paper...
they took about 12-15min in a moderate, pre heated oven (180oC).
I let them cool on the trays before storing them.


It is an great recipe... easily adapted.
Usually I don't melt the butter but it works either way.
It's also good with nuts or craisins.