Mrs Tiff ....living creatively



Friday, June 25, 2010

~ Lime & Coconut Cake ~


I recently made this cake for a morning tea at work....
I had forgotten how much I loved it!





I have one cake recipe that I use for everything...
it was originally Mum's chocolate cake recipe &
I just adapt it with different flavours.....
but this combination is just SO right!


LIME & COCONUT CAKE

Mix together:
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of SR flour
1/2 cup of lime juice
(2 should be about right)
2 beaten eggs
about 1/2 cup of drained crushed pimneapple
1/2 cup of shredded ccoconut
& the zest of the limes
 Then pour 125g of melted butter into the mixture
and stir until well combined.

Pour into a greased ring tin & bake
in a moderate oven for about 35-40 min.




The icing that I make is about  1 1/2 cups of icing sugar,
a tablespoon of butter
& a good squeeze of lime juice
(about a two teaspoons)
and do not forget to grate in some zest!
I like a nice thick consistancy...
you may need to add a squeeze of juice
or a bit more icing sugar..

Then the yummy coconut topping....
toast the shredded coconut in a dry saucepan,
move it with a spoon so it doesn't burn...
get it straight out of the pan
when it's the right toasty colour...
that way it doesn't keep cooking.







The cake is best when you get great fresh limes
 from a friend (thanks Jen!!!!!)