Mrs Tiff ....living creatively



Saturday, June 12, 2010

~ Mannequin Canvas #2 ~


I just loved my first mannequin canvas, 
but wanted to experiment a bit.....
so I thought I'd try innovating on my original idea.....
adding more collage elements.




I gathered my materials....
* a small canvas
*paper ~ basic grey's sonata & a vintage tissue sewing pattern
* stamps ~ 7 gypsies Avignon
* cream vintage buttons
*tapes ~ linen & old book
*chipboard mannequin & white embossing materials




First I embossed my chipboard to give it a white enamel look.





If you haven't embossed before it is SO easy....
press the top side of your chipboard into the embossing ink so the surface is covered,





pour embossing powder over the entire surface,
gently move the piece shaking the excess powder off
and pouring the excess back in the container.





Then gently heat the powder until it is melted and shiny.
When it cools & dries it will be ready to use.




I covered the canvas in Modge Podge and glued on the paper and tissue pattern strip.
Before gluing the paper, I sewed down one edge to add texture (you can't really see it in the picture).
Then I stamped and added the tapes.
After that I glued the mannequin chipboard & buttons.
Finally I gave it an extra coat of Modge Podge to seal it.

I really like this one.....
but I am aleady having some ideas for Mannequin Canvas #3...
I'll keep you posted!!!