Mrs Tiff ....living creatively



Saturday, June 12, 2010

~ Papercraft Show ~



Today Miss Tiff & I went to the papercraft show in Brisbane
....WOW ....
what fun!


We got lots of new ideas and a few new supplies....
...had lunch at a French Cafe....
and really enjoyed a girls day out!




Needless to say I raced home to turn craft into some art!!!!!





The chipboard selection was fantastic. These little beauties instantly reminded me of something I had seen in the latest issue of Scrapbooking Memories where someone (sorry, I can't remember who) had collaged sewing patterns over a felted damask paper.

I thought I would love to try it for a little canvas, so I cut it to the paper to size and modge podged it to the canvas. Then I collaged the tissue pattern over the top. Next I embossed my chipboard mannequin (not the one above... I bought a few different ones) with black and positioned it to the left of the canvas.
Finally I added some lace trim at the bottom.

I really like the effect, although it is more brown than I thought it would be, so I have some experimenting to do still. But I couldn't wait to photograph it, so it may get lighter when it is dry!