Mrs Tiff ....living creatively



Monday, July 12, 2010

~ Royal Britannia ~

I am so excited!
I have made some Union Jack Cushions!






Months ago I bought some Union Jack fabric panels on ebay....
they cost just a few dollars.






They looked so shiny and new, 
and that doesn't quite suit my house..... 
soooooo
a bit of distressing was needed......
first I soaked the fabric,
then used a sanding block to
gently distress the wet fabric.......
you can see the difference quite clearly!






The dried fabric panels are soft and slightly shabby...
just the way I like them!






I sewed them into no-zip (pillow slip style) cushions......







They turned out so well....
 I am so pleased with the finished cushions!!!!!!

They are a perfect reminder for Mr Tiff
of his country of birth
& of the happy years we spent living there!!!!!!