Mrs Tiff ....living creatively



Friday, September 17, 2010

~ Lampshades Makeover ~



I am so pleased with
my latest makeover.......







I had a couple of old lamps up in the Guest House....







so I tugged off the beaded trim...



 



and traced the shape of the shade
on to some calico.






The fabric I cut looked like this.







So I got out my trusty stamps.....







and got busy!







I kept stamping until
my fabric was covered to my liking....







I used a Staz On Black,
knowing I won't have to wash it anyway.
(Make sure you get the special
stamp cleaner if you buy some
~ true to its' name it stays on every surface!)








Next I modge podged (glued)
my fabric onto my shades.







I then used a strong clear glue to
attach a black & white trim.









Neat huh?
And practically free!
All I bought was the trim!
(The rest came from my stash!)