Mrs Tiff ....living creatively



Thursday, September 2, 2010

~ Sweet Babushkas ~




You know when you
have a treasured possession.....
something you have had
since you were a girl......






Well.....
let me introduce my sweet babushkas.....
my great aunt brought them back
all the way from Europe.....
way back when I was about 8 years old...








I left them at my childhood home,
stored safely, when I left.....
but recently mum moved house
 & roused them from their storage box.....


I was so glad
to be reunited with them!
I adored them as a child.....
and I adore them now!

They have a beautiful patina,
gained by graceful ageing....
when I was little
 they were a bit exotic,
being from a place far away,
inspiring me to take interest
 in a world, way beyond my own.

Now, so many years later,
 they sit on my desk
& contine to inspire new ideas,
and creative thoughts!