Mrs Tiff ....living creatively



Wednesday, October 13, 2010

~ Vintage Dictionary Envelopes ~




I just love pretty packaging.....






A little while back I bought 
a wooden envelope template,
but hadn't quite found the time to give it a try.....
so when I found up a set of three 
vintage dictionaries ($3 ea)
I knew what I wanted to do with them.....








First I unpicked the binding....
(sorry book!)







so the pages were the right size....








then I traced the envelope outline,









and cut them out.








I folded them into shape and glued down the sides.








To hold the envelope closed, I tied 
some jute twine around carefully
& decorated with a 
sweet little clothes peg topped 
with a tiny butterfly punched from
the off cuts of the page!


Easy vintage dictionary envelopes!

Needless to say,
now no vintage book is safe!

(I will admit that Red Riding Hood 
and Aladdin have already been transformed 
from their prior shape....)


XXXXXXXXX