Mrs Tiff ....living creatively



Saturday, December 4, 2010

~ Chalkboard Christmas Decorations ~




Just in case you are a little curious
about what went in all those gift bags...
I thought I'd show some 
of the handmade treats to you ....






I started with a dash to the 
Kaisercraft Outlet Store 
at Robina....
I bought a pile of chipboard 
Christmas albums...
they are the perfect shapes 
for making decorations and 
they are very reasonably priced!







My plan was to use the individual
pages as individual decorations.....








 so after giving them a quick sand...
I painted one side of each 
one with chalkboard paint....






then I traced the shape 
onto a (Kaisercraft) chrissy paper 
 or some vintage music sheets 
(from my stash)
and I modge podged 
the paper (glued it) on.







I sanded my edges,
(I just use a nail file)
and threaded some with a jute twine
(to hang with) and topped those 
with strips of hession cut into ribbons.






I topped the others 
with a neutral organza ribbon.







The only problem is.....






I gave every one of them away!!!!!!






Soooooo......


I had to make a another dash
to the Kaisercraft store today!!!!!



AND to my delight,
 not only did I pick up more albums,
   but I also I found some other
 fantastic Christmas projects in the store....
lucky school holidays 
have just started!!!!!


XXXXXX