Mrs Tiff ....living creatively



Tuesday, December 21, 2010

~ Oil Cloth Placemat Play Mat & Apron! ~




I have been a busy little elf....






I have made my sister 
a special gift....and I know she won't 
read this and spoil her surprise 
because she it too little!!!!






I was so excited to finish this
gift because I wanted to 
make one of these mats ever 
since I first saw them on a
 blog a long while back....






you can also buy them on etsy....






I would have loved one of these 
mats for my kids when they were little,
to take out to cafes and restaurants....






actually (despite their age)
both of my children said 
they wanted me to 
make one each for them too!






It is so handy the way it rolls up....
so easy to take out!






I think this would make an excellent gift
for my next baby shower too!






I had extra fabric 
so I made an apron as well....






complete with a cute chalk cloth
pocket & flower button!







I used the off cuts 
to make little storage baskets.....






also with chalk cloth tags 
to write the contents on!






Finally...
 I'll show you the hanging
storage bag I made too!

I've made these in other 
fabric and they are lovely...
but I can't show you yet 
as it may spoil someone's surprise!



XXXXXX