Mrs Tiff ....living creatively



Saturday, December 11, 2010

~ Vintage Locker Basket Makeover ~



I was inspired by Tina at The Rubie Place
who made her own locker basket...







I've been wishing I could 
find one these baskets
 for a while & I am 
always on the look out 
for rusty old baskets but 
they are not always easy to find...







so when I found this basket 
(for a mere dollar) at the tip shop....







I knew immediately what I wanted to do with it!
I got this dark brown motley (hammered)
look paint & cleaned & sprayed the basket....





I made a hessian lining 
& I then attached this (K & Co)
 book plate from my stash...
(doesn't everyone have a
supply of such items at hand???)







and there we have it!!!!
A vintage style locker basket,
filled with hand towels....







& sitting happily 
in my bathroom!


Thanks for such a fabulous idea Tina!


XXXXXX