Mrs Tiff ....living creatively



Sunday, December 12, 2010

~ Vintage Style Santa Postcard Holder ~





I found a great wire
Santa card holder at the 
charity shop the other day....







it was just a cheapie...
the original $6.99 price tag 
was still on it, 
crossed out & 
marked down to $3.50...






it did look a bit cheap & trashy
but I knew my new rust-look
spray paint would fix that!






So I gave it a spray paint
& I cut some scrapbooking paper
(Kaisercraft Christmas News)
to back his tummy.....






then I printed out 
some of the Graphics Fairy's 
beautiful images to place
in the card holder part....






I printed them onto
some of my coffee stained card
to give them a more aged appearance....






I also tied on a hessian ribbon 
for some extra texture....






then I hung it up by the Christmas tree....






I think it turned out well...
and it only cost a few dollars
and a little bit of my time!


XXXXXX