Mrs Tiff ....living creatively



Wednesday, February 9, 2011

~ Accidental Owl ~




Luckily I love owl softies....







because when I unpacked my machine....
and got my itchy fingers sewing....
I meant to get a head start on Easter
& make a baby chick softie!

Oooops!

Each loving family member
offering some support as they passed me
sewing said how much they liked my owl.....

so here is how I made my
accidental owl softie!






I started with an oval shape x2...






I cut a circle of material
which I had already backed
with some visa fix
for the face....






then I cut my wings and legs (x2) ...







I then cut white & mustard
oval eyes....






before checking all
the bits worked out together....






and stitching all
the face pieces in place....






I tucked in all the parts and
put right sides together....






before stitching
and trimming the insides....
I left a gap for stuffing,
then ironed and top stiched.







What a sweet little accident!

I will have to go looking for some images
of Easter chicks ...

but for now I will just enjoy my lovely
little Ollie Owls!

Happy Sewing!


XXXXXXXX