Mrs Tiff ....living creatively



Tuesday, February 15, 2011

~ Hearts for the Teachers ~



I went a little heart crazy last week...






while thinking about
the perfect hand made gift
for the childrens' teachers
I hit upon making them some
heart shaped cushions...
they are a constant favourite of mine...
(there is a tutorial HERE...)






for my son's teacher
I decided to go with colours
I knew she had at home...
 and I had just bought new
tea towels and the fabric looked perfect...
so I made her cushion out
of a tea towel (never used I promise!)
and I added a gorgeous fabric patch
I bought a while back on etsy.
She lived in London for a while so
I thought it would be special to her.






For my daughter's teacher...
I used a beautiful seersucker tablecloth
(which I actually bought to make bunting out of)
that I had found recently
at a charity store......

to this one I added a vintage doily
and a pretty chiffon rose...

I was so thrilled with I
cut out a few more and
I still have enough fabric
to make bunting!







I had a lovely surprise yesterday too....
I found out I am one of the lucky
ones to be going to Simone's
flood relief thank you luncheon!
I am really delighted to be meeting
the lovely ladies Simone and Jody,
and seeing your gorgeous
home in person, Simone.

I am so in awe of the
fantastic work that they did...
 to get together those dontations
 and distribute them so very well...
You have worked so hard girls, 
I feel like we should be cooking
for you, not the other way round!



XXXXXXX