Mrs Tiff ....living creatively



Friday, February 18, 2011

~ Union Jack Inspired Heart Pin Cushion ~




yes, more hearts .....






you know, when I get a theme going....
I find it hard to stop!!!!






I really wanted a new pin cushion
and as I had the felt out....
I thought I'd make one inspired
by the Union Jack design.







I made a paper pattern
 & cut two navy hearts.
I cut some strips of cream felt
& sewed red rick rack
down the centre.
Next I pinned and sewed the
cream felt down on the top heart.
I partially sewed around the edges,
of the two hearts,
leaving room for stuffing,
then I followed the
stitching to sew it closed.






The great thing about felt
is that it doesn't frey,
so you can leave the edges raw.






These would look great as
fabric charms too I think!

I can already think of a couple
of friends who would love this design!


Happy Weekend!


XXXXXXX