Mrs Tiff ....living creatively



Friday, June 17, 2011

~ Basket of Bunnies ~




I recently wanted to create 
a special handmade gift to 
pop into a sweet friend's 
baby basket at school...





so I thought, what is cuter 
than bunnies for a baby?!


I pulled out my Beatrix Potter stamps
& twinkling h2o's (watercolours)
and started making some special cards... 
I always think that cards 
are nice in a baby basket, so those 
mums-to-be can write thank yous, or birth
announcements, to dear friends or family,
and they can be kept as a keepsake...




~ * ~ 




~ * ~ 





I looked to a childhood copy of 
Nursery Rhymes for some colour guidance...





~ * ~




~ * ~





Then tied them up with some jute twine....






I added in a sweet soft bunny...
with a red spotty bow, 
as I know the nursery is 
red white and blue, plus we 
don't know the gender of the 
upcoming bundle of joy!






Then I made a little storage basket to put
the bunnies in... I also added a little 
linen lavender bunny filled with 
Mt Tamborine lavender, 
to use as a little relaxation pillow or 
to gently scent a clothes drawer......





I added a bow tied from ribbon to 
soften it... if a more feminine look is required!






 I used a bunny watercolour  as a tag....






I tied the whole basket up with tule.....





Congratulations Kathryn, 
on your approaching happy occasion,
I hope you enjoy your gift,
it was made with love!
I can't wait to claim a cuddle!


Happy weekend dear friends,
thanks for all your kind get-wells,
I am on the mend and on holidays...
so I am looking forward to lots of relaxing 
and pottering around the house!


XXXXXX