Mrs Tiff ....living creatively



Monday, June 27, 2011

~ Recycled Cupboard Door Coatrack ~



Another great thing about
the school holidays....






is having time to finish projects
I started months ago!






My lovely friend Lisa saved this cubpoard door
for me when she renovated her kitchen
(which, by the way, looks stunning!)







So I unscrewed the handle and sanded
it back with my trusty mouse!






Next I taped off the glass and
painted it with my favourite colour....
(Porters Oyster White)
I also sanded back the edges
to give it a more shabby look,






I added a little plate I found
at the Camberwell Market earlier this year...






and I drilled holes to attach some glass knobs.....






then I hung my new
recyled cupboard door coat rack in my hall!






Where it comes in handy....






for not just coats, but also for all sorts of
other things like bags, hats and aprons!






Thanks Lisa! You knew I would put
your old kitchen cupboard door to good use....
it just took me a while to finish it!


Today I am joining
the lovely Courtney's
Feathered Nest Friday
over at the gourgeous

XXXXXX