Mrs Tiff ....living creatively



Monday, March 5, 2012

~ Grey Destination Chalkboard ~



I am sooo excited with how
this project turned out!








I found this old picture at a
charity shop on Saturday.....

I bundled it with a few other items (American
Pickers style, don't you love their finds?!)
and got a good deal.... I paid $15
which I thought was great value....
considering how big it is (approx 1.5m x 80cm).









I got it home and set to work....
I popped the board from the frame,
gave it all a light sand and started painting.
I undercoated the frame and painted it in
Porters Oyster white before sanding the edges back.
I painted the board with three coats of my
custom mixed grey chalkboard paint.









I was so excited when it dried
and I could finally bring it inside!








I used white chalk to write some of 
the places where Mr Tiff & I have
lived or travelled to in the last
nineteen years! In some cases I just
had to write countries rather than name all
the cities, but it still looks great.
I have been wanting a vintage
destination roll for so long and I am so
delighted with this cheats version!!!!








I LOVE the grey,
it is perfect in my living room!









My son made this little bird
in art class and I adore it,
it looks so sweet in front of the grey....









So do my gorgeous pale blue glass bottles.....
(sorry if you are getting sick of them
I keep taking pictures of them
because I love their colour!!!)










The really great thing is that I can
wipe off my words anytime and write
something else up instead!
(Very easy to correct my spelling too,
can you see which place I spelt incorrectly?)









You will be happy to know that
Kathmandu is now corrected although I
haven't taken more pictures!








I have happy thoughts each time I
look over at my Destination Chalkboard
because of all the wonderful times
Mr Tiff and I have had all around the
globe, it is also neat for the kids as they look
for the places they have been up there too!


Hope your week it happy!

XXXXX



PS:   I am sharing my thrifty project at



with Jodie the Haby Goddess!