Mrs Tiff ....living creatively



Wednesday, May 9, 2012

~ Scandinavian Inspired Lavender Bird ~



I am so pleased that I was able
to get up to a bit of stitching
on the recent long weekend.




~ * ~




I was inspired by one of my new books....




Once the pattern was traced.....




I found the perfect vintage tablecloth
to use for the bird fabric....




I cut some rectangles out of the fabric,
then made my own legs and hanging loop,
rather than use ribbon like in the pattern.




I stitched on a small button for 
an eye & knotted the legs to
make little feet....




I sewed it up, feet & loop in place
with right sides together....




I turned it out through the tail
then stuffed it with poly fill and lavender.




Once I sewed up the tail
it was ready to hang!




Sweet!

It is reporting time for me at school
so crafty moments are a bit sparse lately!!!
Hope you are finding the time to
do something creative and fun! 


Happy week dear friends!

XXXXX

 

Also today I am joining:



at freckled laundry.