Mrs Tiff ....living creatively



Sunday, January 20, 2013

Dream Home

I have just finished a little make over project.....






I found this great wooden doll house at a local charity store ($35 with wooden furniture) and thought it would be perfect for my prep classroom. Once I got it home I wondered if I should give it a little paint..... then I couldn't resist wallpapering the walls....





I decided to clear the back and sides of walls, so several children could play at the one time. I painted the front and trim with Porter's oyster white then the windows in a dulux aqua/green (tester pot called frosted puddle) and then chose a pink for the window edges.






I finished this little gnome last night (from a book end pattern bought on etsy) and as I hadn't taken his photo yet, I popped him in the picture too!







I am so pleased with how it turned out! The prep children should love it!








I think I need to make a family for Mr Gnome now though, he seems so lonely!
Back to work tomorrow, so it will have to be an evenings project!

Happy week!

Tiff
xxxxxxx



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad